Cybersecurity Awareness Month
By Sarah Mehlman, Marketing Manager, SecBI
October is Cybersecurity Awareness Month, (although for those in the industry, awareness is a constant state of mind).
Still, we need to boost awareness to those not following the upwards trend of cyberattacks. Therefore, we’ve compiled a list of resources of cybersecurity trends and tips to help security operation centers (SOCs) operate more effectively and on fewer resources.
There are endless ways for threats and other malicious communications to enter the network of any organization, large or small. Faced with limited resources, SOCs have an uphill battle to keep its cyber posture ready and secured for the next attack. Hopefully, this list contains some new information or at least, shared challenges faced by other SOC teams and ways they selected to combat them.
- Gartner highlights 7 cybersecurity trends that are reshaping the industry.
- Security Magazine explains how recent business trends have brought SOCs and cybersecurity to the forefront of an organization’s focus.
Tips to Optimize SOCs:
- The SANS Institute dives into best practices and offers insight into SOC operations.
- The NSA discusses the top 5 principles every SOC should follow.
- Patrick Donegan, Principal Analyst at HardenStance, explains his research case study on how Orange Poland transformed in a cybersecurity innovator.
And to learn more about how SecBI’s proprietary technology can help add effectiveness and efficiencies to your SOC feel free to check out our demo here.
Or reach out to our cyber experts at firstname.lastname@example.org.